“In an unpredictable environment, it makes management a lot easier using predictable genetics in a management system that reaps the rewards.”
Alf Collins Jnr
ALC is currently mating 1,300 stud females with 40 bulls in a DNA verification parentage system. Another 1,200 females are multiple sire mated on “Tondara”.
We use every scientific and management tool available that is relevant to earning margins in a practical beef business.
- Speed of Reproduction
- Dry season mating while lactating
- Unassisted births and suckling
- No chemical interventions for flies, ticks, worms etc
- Large groups in each analysis
- Heavy castration of males after whole herd data is completed